It’s being a minute since I updated my blog. I always feel very strongly about only talking about topics I am interested in. That’s why during my last month of school EVER, I decided not to blog, and spare you all the dull details of my study cycle. Yet, no matter how busy I am, it is essential to my life make time for a skin care routine. My mom always had a sensitive skin, and I believe I got some of that sensitivity too. So, even though I’ve tried many products over the years to care for my skin, I’ll share my current favorites. These make my skin feel good, and have shown positive results. The whole 411 at the bottom of the post
SKIN CARE FAVORITES
- Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil: This was a gift from my In-laws, and I am obsessed. To my preference, I use this as a treatment 1-2 times a week, but not for daily moisturizing as it is very rich and heavy. Also has a buttery feel to it that I don’t necessarily want all over my skin unless is bed time.
- Caudalie Face Masks: I call it my holy grail secret because I am ALL about their detoxing mask. It’s sooo good. You get this pink mask that hardens after a good 10-15 minutes (I like to keep it longer), and once you wash it, your skin not only feels clean, but feels soft and purified. I do recommend applying oil and/or moisturizing to your face after because it’s pretty powerful. Another one I’ve used before for my skin care is Caudalie’s moisturizing mask, but between the two, detoxing is my #1.
- Burt’s Bees Brightening Daily Facial Cleanser: I’ve used this for the longest time. Again, another product that has a buttery feel to it, but I like to use this facial cleanser daily because it does the job right: cleans your face. Even more, when I run out of my makeup remover — which has probably happened to all of you– it still removes everything, and in this instance, that buttery feel helps specially with removing the mascara from the eyelashes gently.
- Honest Beauty Refreshingly Clean Gel Cleanser: names keep getting long here! I like a facial cleanser that removes makeup because I get lazy sometimes, and I never sleep with makeup on, so to skip a step, I favor these type of cleansers.
- Origins Matte Moisturizing: This is the newest acquisition to my repertoire, and it smells like HEAVEN! It leaves an incredible smooth texture. Not going to lie, I was sold by the smell and cute pink package; yes, I am a sucker for good packaging. But overall, the finish to my skin is remarkable.
- Sephora Eye Masks: I bought these last minute to try on my wedding week vacation, and I even wore one the day of my wedding when I had to prep before makeup. I left it on the mini-fridge for a few minutes before placing these on my under eyes, and kept them on for as long as I could. Felt refreshing, and my skin looked glowy afterwards. They feel a bit tingly, but to me, the feeling goes away shortly.
- Boscia Skin Care Set: I’ve meant to try Boscia products for the longest time as I’ve heard good things only. I recently got the chance as this was another of my In-laws gifts for christmas. I would say it is worth your money to buy the set instead of the individual products.
- Dermalogica Pre-Cleanser balm + Special Cleansing gel: These two made it to this post due to good timing. I recently got these two as complementary products for testing from Influenster, and I would certainly not rave about it if it wasn’t so good! I’ve loved these two combined and the have become my go to every night to get the impurities out and have a squeaky clean face with the softest results. Moisturizing is a must after using the Dermalogica products otherwise it can be a bit harsh. Honestly, I am excited to try the rest of their product line.
You can shop all these products with an easy click in my image above. If you are curious about some more skin care products, I have a full review on Caudalie here. Also don’t forget to follow me on Instagram.
Do you have any favorite skin care products to recommend? Share your favorite suggestions with me below.